♥ UNLOCKED #4: Lolita

11:56 AM


   When I was about 16 years old, i came across this incredibly cute and intriguing way of dressing called Lolita and immediately fell in love with it. Lolita style is everything that a girly girl would want: huge fluffy skirts, sheer fabrics, feminine and cute prints, lace frills, beautiful floral accessories, cute bags and mary jane shoes. And the rebellious side of it is what kept me a huge fan throughout the years. This over the top doll-like look got me hooked and I knew I wanted to start dressing like that someday. Unfortunately the dresses were way too expensive for a young student like me, but after 4 years of studying fashion design, I got the ability and knowledge to make a whole Lolita outfit by myself. I did my research, sketched my design, got a lot of fabric, about 20 meters of lace trim and in few days of struggle and experimentation, with the help of my mom, I finally made my first Lolita-like dress and shirt. I also bought this tiny hat,customized it a bit and I was good to go. I decided to go for the dark Gothic Lolita style since it has always been my favorite one. The design is mine and I think I did a good job for my first time sewing something so delicate and complicated. What do you guys think about it?
   I'm planning on doing more Lolita dresses, skirts and shirts in the future. I might even try some other styles as well and hopefully I'll get better at sewing and making patterns for Lolita clothing.
   Unfortunately I'm not a 100% comfortable wearing Lolita in public yet, but I do get positive comments about it all the time. Would you wear something like this on the streets? Let me know in the comments.

All of the photos are taken by the lovely photographer Stefani Pavlovska. Follow her on Facebook ( P.S. Photography ) and on her instagram page ( https://www.instagram.com/ps_photography.mk/ )















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts