♥UNLOCKED #10: Metamorphosis

11:39 AM



   Even though my days at the university ended a year ago, I will always remember them as some of the best days of my life so far. I've enjoyed studying what I love and the passion for learning and becoming better at what I have chosen to do was bigger than the struggle with exams and grades. I learned a lot about fashion, as well as the whole process of manufacturing the clothing. Everything you need to know about textiles, clothing and fashion was there, generously served on a plate and ready to be consumed by us, the students, hungry for knowledge about a field that is underestimated in this society. All of our fresh and unique ideas were accepted and each one of us was cherished for his/her individuality. We learned that each idea was good and can be incorporated sooner or later in our designs and projects. We also learned how to play with fabrics, create unconventional pieces of clothing, how to incorporate the artistic element in our designs and most importantly to always push ourselves out of our comfort zone.
   "Metamorphosis" is not just the change of the form of the insects, but it can be portrayed as the change of our personalities for a period of 4 years, during our studies. I must admit during my years at the university I've grasped as much knowledge as I could, dedicated myself to it, got better and I've grown as a person. I've become more mature, decisive, responsible and I eliminated the fear of expressing my thoughts no matter how strange they might seem. After all I must say that all of the sleepless nights, headaches and back pain are worth it, when you know you are creating a value and raising the standards for the future generations.
Me and the other students from the Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy in Skopje showed our designs in our own fashion show, which was part of Fashion Weekend Skopje. The theme of this year's show was "Metamorphosis".
In my designs I wanted to show variety of fabrics and colors, but still keeping it neutral, because that is my style in a way haha :D It was my first time making jackets and I must admit it was pretty hard. I think I did a pretty good job overall, what do you think?

These are my designs in the photos below.









And that is me with one of my models.




Photo source: https://www.facebook.com/modenvikend/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts